A state department of education needs a way to grow and develop the leadership capacity of district level early childhood special education coordinators.
Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
What We Did
Our team has created a series of professional development activities that includes face-to-face training, online interaction, a community of practice and a Capstone Project that has participants applying the information they learn in the Institute. Throughout the course of a year, participants have the opportunity to learn about evidence-based practices, mentor and support one another, and create a network with job-alike colleagues from across the state to do joint problem-solving and information sharing.
- Planned and managed recruitment and registration of participants
- Designed the structure, content, schedule and delivery of all professional development activities in the Institute
- Facilitated a virtual Community of Practice
- Developed an online presence for the participants of the Institute that includes all course materials, a discussion board, the Institute calendar and contact information for all participants
- Provided individualized technical assistance to participants
- Created evaluations and analyzed results for continuous quality improvement