AnLar’s Data Systems and Support team (DSS) is looking for a flexible, proactive problem solver with strong customer service skills to support and manage the help desk team and processes for the DSS state special education data systems. The technical support specialist will also provide direct support to system users, including teachers, administrators, and parents.
AnLar’s benefits package is a reflection of our commitment to putting our people first. Our benefits include generous paid vacation time; competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 6% 401K match (immediately vested); a monthly wellness stipend; annual professional development stipend; and a volunteer program benefit. The salary range for this position is $40K-$55K depending on location and experience.
Who we are
AnLar, an educational management and policy analysis firm, was established to address broad-reaching and high-impact issues through creativity, flexibility, and sustainable processes while creating an empowering work environment where its employees can thrive. From creating modernized data systems to supporting change management, research, and communications efforts, AnLar supports education agencies with most reform-based needs. Based in the Washington, DC area, AnLar supports clients in state and local agencies as well as in the federal and non-profit sectors. For more information about us, visit AnLar.com.
What the job entails
- Provide direct support through multiple communication methods (e.g. email, phone, chat) to data system users such as state staff, local administrators and teachers.
- Work with the Project Specialist to support the development of help desk processes, including developing user guides, training materials, FAQs, etc.
- Manage and provide training and support to new help desk staff, including part-time help desk specialists. Once the team is established, facilitate check-ins and serve as the first point of contact for ticket issues that are escalated from help desk specialists.
- Support other DSS projects on an as needed basis, including writing and editing user guides, developing training videos, assisting with digital image capture and process diagrams, system testing, and other support services.
- Manage a growing help desk team, including providing support and supervision to staff.
- Flexibility in working hours, including availability outside typical office hours and weekends.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent customer service skills: You are patient, flexible, and able to remain calm under pressure. You’ll do whatever it takes to ensure that a system user has a positive experience and that their issue is resolved quickly and effectively.
- Orientation for developing processes: We are in the midst of building out all of our processes for the help desk. Developing checklists and process flow charts and thinking through how smaller steps fit into the larger puzzle should get you excited!
- Strong writing and communication skills: Your writing is clear, concise, and organized. You adapt your writing to different audiences as needed.
- Attention to detail: You are able to keep track of many moving pieces at once, including the tiny details. You are thorough in developing any work products, and pride yourself on your ability to catch the “little things”.
- Tech savvy: You do not need to be an absolute tech whiz, but you do need to feel comfortable understanding different systems, implementing and using various platforms, and providing tech support to others.
The right candidate is…
- Coachable and open to giving and receiving feedback.
- A team player. You step up when someone needs help, follow through on your commitments, and are willing to go the extra mile for your teammates and for our clients.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Able to work independently and remotely with support from colleagues.
- Willing and excited to be a part of a growing team in a growing company – not afraid to jump in and propose new ideas or try something new.
- Someone who loves puns and won’t mind being referred to as an “AnLarian”.
- Someone who has experience in any of the following areas (preferred, not required)
- Serving in a support or lead role on a help desk
- Supervisory or training experience
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter below. In the first paragraph of your cover letter, please write about which of AnLar’s core values resonates most with you and why.
Diversity is valued and inclusion is reflected in our efforts to recruit, develop, and engage the diverse staff needed to accomplish our mission. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.