AnLar’s Operations team is looking for a Senior Proposal Manager to manage and lead several key aspects of our business development and legal work.
- Candidate pool: Internal only.
- Staffing: Following the selection of the successful candidate, the AnLarian’s current position may or may not be filled, depending on the need and available funds.
- Applicants will be asked to engage in a “job talk” discussion to explore the fit between the AnLarian’s skills, experience, and vision for the position and the needs identified in this job description (using our typical rubric format). AnLarian’s will pitch where they will take the new role, how it will advance our growth, how it is aligned to their growth and development aspirations, and describe their experience and qualifications.
- In the spirit of transparency, we acknowledge that one or more AnLarians already have direct experience related to this new position. However, our minds will remain open throughout the process in alignment to our equity aims, and anyone interested is encouraged to apply.
The salary range for this position is $81,000-$100,000. Consistent with other hiring processes, we will implement our no negotiation policy and we will make a data-driven offer based on the candidate’s skills and related experience, aligned with our company-wide salary structure.
What the job entails:
- Proposal management for AnLar Group: Manages proposals for all AnLar Group companies from start to finish, including partnering with teams to further develop and refine their proposal processes; thought partners with lead writers on win theme creation; facilitating communication across teams for business development purposes; identifies areas for creative solutions and demonstrating impact; oversees reviews of proposals; ensures compliance of all parts of proposals; coordinates the design team and proposal team; submits proposals to clients; and manages other proposal managers and coordinators.
- Proposal development for AnLar Group: Leads writing of corporate capabilities, past performance, and other sections of proposals as needed. Develops outlines for technical and business volumes.
- Contract process management for AnLar Group: Responsible for analyzing and monitoring all legally binding documents including intellectual property issues, subcontract requirements, and all other contract terms, escalating issues to the COO and CFO as needed. Provides general risk assessment and guidance on contract matters. Manages contracts process from start to finish, including managing contract administrators and liasoning with teams to resolve issues as needed. Partners with CFO to maintain GSA compliance and expand GSA schedules.
- SAL 2.0 Design and Implementation for AnLar Group: Serves as a strategic thought partner to SAL development team to inform the development of SAL. Leads the implementation of SAL, including system application and underlying content and financial databases.
- Training and development for AnLar Group processes: Trains staff in using GovWin and SAL. Mentors staff new to writing proposals in partnership with Team Leads. Responsible for ensuring clarity in implementation of processes related to proposal writing and development, contract development and compliance, and SAL usage.
- Strategic planning around business development with AnLar Group in coordination with the COO: Collaborates with Team Leads to identify opportunities. Makes connections between AnLar Group companies and AnLar teams. Develops and maintains relationships with partners and clients. Stays abreast of current AnLar team skills and content interest areas. Conducts research on companies and potential opportunities.
What skill set we’re looking for:
- Attention to detail and ability to juggle many moving pieces at once.
- Knowledge of the competitive market for each AnLar team and AnLar Group company.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and the ability to write technical and non-technical content.
- Expertise with federal procurement regulations.
- Familiarity with best practices in proposal writing and development.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and build consensus.
- Takes initiative to solve problems and develop processes.
- Understands the big picture and implications for each team’s context. Effectively designs processes based on this understanding.
- Ability to effectively communicate with leadership team to develop and execute business development processes.
- Strong management skills including the ability to delegate, give and receive feedback, coach team members and peers, and tailor communication to appropriate audience.
Who the right candidate is:
- An existing AnLarian who brings related experience and embodies our core values and ethos.
- Three or more years of experience managing proposals, administering contracts, or other related experience.
Interested applicants should email a resume to Emily Konig (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday August 11th.
Diversity is valued and inclusion is reflected in our efforts to recruit, develop, and engage the diverse staff needed to accomplish our mission. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.